- The Tucson-based company that makes the delightful novelty beer-making kit Mr. Beer has been purchased by Coopers Brewery of Adelaide, Australia. All I know about Australia I learned from Outback Steakhouse commercials, so I can only assume that this is a bad thing.
- The New York Times goes on at length about the standards of summer drinking, and how “the old rules no longer hold.” Go ahead and spill stout on your white slacks, I guess.
- Also from the Gray Lady, high-end hooch is strong and getting stronger: “50 percent has become the new 40 percent.” This is… good? I guess?
- Russia has banned alcohol from its London Village during the 2012 Summer Olympics, and my heart is filled with pity.
- Burger King’s and White Castle’s plans to add booze to their menus turns out to be a pain in the ass. Shocking.
Also, my morning meal consisted of a pickled egg and a shorty Blatz. I hereby nominate this combination as the official Wisconsin breakfast.